Grogan is always looking for adults to volunteer as a WatchDOG. Please contact the Main Office at 734-246-4642 ex: 3 to see if you have a current back ground check on file and or schedule your day with your child at Grogan. We will work with your schedule whether that means only during the morning drop off, half day or a full day. There are extra WatchDOG shirts in the office if you need to borrow one.
How Will WatchDOGs Support Education and Safety at Grogan
These adults will:
- Always wear Oficial Uniform T-shirts while on official WatchDOG duty.
- ENCOURAGE STUDENTS! (with lots of smiles and high fives, etc.)
- Help with traffic flow of vehicles and students at arrival and dismissal times.
- Monitor hallways and entrances
- Monitor building - inside/outside
- Assist at lunch
- Assist at recess, study hall, social times
- Eat lunch with your student(s)
- Play or referee on the playground or in the gym
- Read with classes or tutor small groups of students
- Work with flash cards and/or educational games
- Actively and positively engage with students
- Be available to mentor students
- Help students with test review
- Support fine arts classes (i.e. band, music, art, gym) with your presence and/or experience
- Smile and be a hero for the day.
These adults will not:
- Go into students' (girls nor boys) restrooms
- Be alone or unsupervised with students
- Espouse political or religious beliefs to students
- Engage in any conduct that brings disrespect to self, the school and/or the WATCH D.O.G.S. Program and other volunteering adults.